Aidan D'Card About Me

 Hey Everyone, my name is Aidan D'Card and I am a Graphic Design major attending Linn-Benton Community College. I grew up in a small town called Gig Harbor, Washington, however I just tell people I'm from Tacoma since it's more well-known and is less embarrassing to say. I decided to take this class for a funny reason: to reverse-engineer and have a better understanding how companies choose to manipulate me into buying their products, as some things I value is the choice and freedom of the human mind. I find the manipulation companies use to coerce us into purchasing unnecessary products a bit intruding, and grasping a better understanding of how these tactics are used I feel will help craft me into a less-impulsive and less wasteful human being.


Some activities I love are listening to music equipped with a glass of wine or a nice indica joint (I'm of age), listening to artists such as Daniel Caesar, FKJ, or Jacob Collier, and having deep conversations with friends, peers, or my partner. When alone I sometimes play video games (because who doesn't); games such as Dead by Daylight or Modded Terraria I use as a nice way to relax for downtime. I also spend a lot of time photographing and creating art on Photoshop or by hand, and I love abstract and mind-altering art.







Growing up near the water, I always did activities in the water, such as Surfing and Water Polo. I actually used to play for a club team that would attend the USA Water Polo Junior Olympics in California every year, but after playing a sport for near a decade it got a bit repetitive and boring (plus going to California  gave me very embarrassing tan lines regarding our swimsuits). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social Listening

Ari Aster's "Beau is Afraid"